Positions for Visiting Assistant Professors at CSDS
The Centre for the Study of Developing Societies offers up to 06 Visiting Assistant Professors (Lecturer) Positions.
Of the total number of positions up to 50% will be reserved for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC. Candidates applying for the reserved positions should clearly state the category they belong to.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Preference will be given to scholars working on the following themes:
• Pluralism: Social Inclusion and Exclusion
• Social and Political Thought: Alternative and Dissenting Traditions
• Urban Transformation: Environment, Infrastructure and Politics
• Democratic Politics and its Futures
• Media and Cultural Studies
Scholars working on themes other than those mentioned above may also apply.
The essential qualification for all positions is a demonstrated capacity to undertake high quality, independent research in social science. The evidence of published work of high quality shall be considered more important than formal academic record, degrees or experience.
In addition, the desirable qualifications are Good academic record with doctoral degree or equivalent published work.
Scholars having proficiency in and working with Indian language materials and have reasonable bilingual skills (one Indian language other than English) will be preferred.
The candidates short-listed by the Centre will be asked to appear for an interview with the Selection Committee.
The number of positions advertised is indicative and is liable for change (decrease or increase) without any notice.
The Selection Committee is free to consider scholars who may not have applied.
Applications can be sent by courier or post to the ‘Director, Centre for the Study of Developing Societies, 29 Rajpur Road, Delhi 110054’ or by email to the Administrative Officer (jaya(at)csds.in) on or before 17 April 2017.
The application must be accompanied by:
• Curriculum Vitae including academic record and a full list of publications (copies of certificates not required at this stage)
• Two samples (chapters from the book or research articles) of published work
• A short statement (of about 500 words) of current and proposed research
• Names and addresses of two referees
To know more about the objectives and research activities of the CSDS, please log into the website www.csds.in
Ms. Jayasree Jayanthan, Administrative Officer
Phone: 23942199, E-mail: jaya(at)csds.in
Categorised in: Notices
Published on: March 28, 2017